Question for those in Florida?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Broker, Oct 20, 2005.

1. Broker

Broker LawnSite Senior Member

I know I could look through past threads to find this out but as all of you I am a little busy shutting systems down. What are the requirements for doing work in Florida in general and in the Naples area more specific.

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Years ago, I was in Naples, and they were very casual about it all, even to the point of having AVBs under constant pressure, pretending to be PVB's. A lot of Florida communities will be going to secondary 'grey water' irrigation to conserve drinking water. I'm not sure what, if any, backflow will be required then. They have those purple-covered valves and heads to mark the presense of grey water.

3. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

RI

Irrigation falls under Registered licensing by county and not a State Certification. Therefore each county sets there own rules as to how Licensing is done. Naples area requires Proof of three years experience and a State Block test. The State block test comes in two parts. 1st is irrigation test which any Idiot can pass with ease. 2nd is the Contractor Law part which is an open book test and the hardest State test I have ever taken. Once you pass the State block and are a Registered contractor in one county, most other Counties will allow you to purchase a License in their county.

4. Broker

Broker LawnSite Senior Member

Thank you so much for the input.