Question for those who backpack spray herbicides

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by wildstarblazer, Feb 21, 2013.

1. fordnut1

fordnut1 LawnSite Member

I use a backpack for most of my apps.Go to rittenhouse.com I got a small boom that screws on to end of wand and it has two fan tip nozzles on it, I can spray a 4ft swat.Walking just below normal pace I use 1/2 gal per K.Yes u have to pump the whole time but its alot faster.I also use marking flags on each end of target area so i do not go over same place twice

2. fordnut1

fordnut1 LawnSite Member

3. wildstarblazer

wildstarblazer LawnSite Senior Member

Woa, marking flags at each pass? Seems like a lot of work. Wouldn't tracker dye be better?

4. wildstarblazer

I was real close to getting one of them but not sure how good they will work. Have not seen any reviews for the ones I could afford.

5. fordnut1

fordnut1 LawnSite Member

It works great on medium to small yards. Moving the flags ain't bad
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. gulfjoe

gulfjoe LawnSite Bronze Member

7. wildstarblazer

I'm sure you can find one to fit echo if you do a search. I'm wondering if adding two nozzles would increase the amount of hand pumping you would have to do in order to keep good pressure up. A battery operated one it might be a better idea for that type of set up.

8. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

From my experience you have to pump like crazy. It's not practical over time. I am going to but a Solo 433 motorized when the time is right for a 3 nozzle setup.

9. gregory

gregory LawnSite Bronze Member

battery back packs dont put out alot of pressure.. dont think they would put out enough for 2 nozzles.. think if you wanted that get a gas powered one like GREENDOC has...

10. WestGaPineStraw

WestGaPineStraw LawnSite Senior Member

Yes the solo 433 is a great setup! I had one for a while, i just decided to buy a dedicated truck instead.
    Posted via Mobile Device