1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

question for those who cut commercial accounts

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jeff_0, Apr 23, 2003.

1. jeff_0

jeff_0 LawnSite Senior Member
    from md

for your walk behinds or zero turn mowers do u use a mulching kit or a side discharge?. since there's always trees that are mulched and you want as less grass as possible to go over the mulch.. thanks

2. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

We use our Walker mowers to bag at entrance ways and highly visible areas and mulch on areas with Mid mount ZTR mowers where you cant see clipping as close.

3. mowngrow

mowngrow LawnSite Senior Member

in high visible areas we use the walker, the other areas are side discharged

4. LANDGUARD

LANDGUARD LawnSite Member

Side discharge 100% of the time with Dixies and John Deere, even in high visibility areas. Never had a problem with covering up mulch. I do have to use the OCDC on a few places were the beds are near my discharge side.

5. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I mulch :D

6. A1 Lawn@Landscapes

A1 Lawn@Landscapes LawnSite Member

Depends....

We discharge if we can. If it is noticable we will bag.
    Most places will specify if the want it bagged. Just make sure it looks nice when you are done.

7. GraZZmaZter

GraZZmaZter LawnSite Senior Member

I discharge the majority of the time. Its faster, and i think it looks better than when you mulch.

Never tried doubles yet, but will this year for sure.

8. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

Side dis-charge

9. nelbuts

nelbuts LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW, FL

Side discharge except in real tight areas where everything would get thrown everywhere then the WB or 48" ZTR with mulch plate.

10. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! DING!

We have a winner. Tell him what he's won Johnny. Well, Biff, Landscaper3 has won a BRAND NEW TRUCK!!!!!! Yes Biff it's the 2003 Ford F-350 Dualy Crew Cab with Ford's Powerstroke diesel engine putting out a whopping 400 hp and over 450 foot pounds of torque. It's the Lariat model with leather, cruise, A/C, power/heated/bucket front seats, heated remote power side mirrors, tilt/telescoping wheel, am/fm cassette CD 10 speaker stereo, There are simply to many options to list. Congratualtions and thank you for playing Lawnsite today!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D