Question for those who have used RND signs

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Jason Rose, Jan 27, 2014.

1. dishman89

dishman89 LawnSite Member

Wait until they stick it to you on the shipping. I ordered a 1000 signs last month and they charged me over $50 for shipping. They did send me proofs for every change I made and the signs do look awesome though. Can't complain on that. They do hold up as good as the ones I was buying from my chem supplier (the blank ones)

2. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

I really dig their little plastic markers for sprinklers marking for aerations. Nobody else has them. :)

I had my graphics designer do some application type Aeration flags and the UV coating was put on the wrong side.

Kind of a 50/50 thing for me. I think they used to be a site sponsor...? Not sure now.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. FdLLawnMan

FdLLawnMan LawnSite Bronze Member

I use RND and like them. The posting signs are covered so they don't wilt and last forever. They are responsive and make any changes I request. If they make the screwup, which they did once, they eat the charge.

4. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

I have used them for 29 years, never had any issue with customer service,cost or quality!

5. n-green

n-green LawnSite Senior Member

Thirteen years and no problems here. I haven't changed my signs in that time though.

6. ETM

ETM LawnSite Senior Member
    from Georgia

6 years and no problems. I just use my sign stakes to mark irrigation heads and remove them when we a finished.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Just got an R&D mailer today. Was planning on getting some Co. Branded rain gauges for client who can't seem to figure out proper coverage rates for irrigation settings and dry spots. Irrigation guys here are not helping either in this area. :hammerhead:

Who else sells rain/ sprinkler gauges with your Co. Name and number...?
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Finally posting a followup to this thread... Well, the guys that said "Don't buy from them, they are crap" were RIGHT. I got the coated paper/cardboard signs and they don't hold up at ALL after getting wet from rain or sprinklers! The 12x12 inch advertising signs were a huge waste of money. About $250 for 100 of them with stakes and right off the bat I found out they needed something better at the bottom to hold them to the stake in the Kansas winds. I used an awl and punched small holes on either side of the stake and used small zip ties. So long as they stay DRY they held up fine even in 40+ MPH winds. But as soon as the sprinklers got them wet they were gone!

The posting signs hold up a bit better because they are smaller, and as long as the wind isn't blowing hard when they get wet they seem to hold on ok. Wind + water and they are gone too. Most guy's posting signs around here have been blowing off the stakes the last few weeks, so I'm not alone with that problem.

For advertising signs I really should have spent the money on corrugated plastic signs with the metal "H" stakes. For $250 I could have got 100 of those that could have been used for weeks at a time and used over and over again.

9. GreenGuysLC

GreenGuysLC LawnSite Senior Member

I went with turfsigns. I haven't gotten them yet but a competitor here uses them and they are lasting for weeks...look good too. I will see if I can post pics soon.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

I use RND signs and like them. It took almost 2 weeks before they sent me a proof via e-mail. The lady said they were about 3 weeks out so they're busy.
    Posted via Mobile Device