Question for those with BR 600's

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Fubba, Dec 4, 2005.

1. Fubba

Fubba LawnSite Senior Member

I've been doing my cleanups and have noticed something that really irks me. I wanted to see if the same thing happened to others that own this blower or not. The blower starts to fade in and out like it's running out of gas when it has a 1/4 tank of gas. It happens more frequently as you keep running it and will eventually shut off once the gas tank is pretty much empty. I know I could just fill it up 25% more often than what I should, but I wanted to see if this was something all of you experienced. It justs gets on my nerves to fill it up when it doesn't really need it.

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, mine does the exact same thing. Since it only does it after you run the blower for a very long time and it doesn't do it every time I figured it would be about impossible to get it to do it for the dealer (warranty).

3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Not at all. I will check today about what yours is doing- but i have had my 600 go to empty with no problems.

John

4. Cigarcop

Cigarcop LawnSite Member

The two I have also do it , and as stated its when they are almost empty. I guess if your moving or leaning the gas flows away from the tube and slows it down but once you square up again it runs fine until empty. I look at it this way, once you hear that thing slow down you know its almost time to refuel!!

5. John Gamba

from ct

Like a Gas Gage. Another first:D

John

6. Cigarcop

Cigarcop LawnSite Member

Yep!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. greengiant9963

greengiant9963 LawnSite Senior Member

Mine does the same thing and have only had it for a few weeks. Does it when you have about 1/4 of tank left.

8. Cigarcop

Cigarcop LawnSite Member

I'm not exactly sure of the level but its prob close to that when it starts happening. Like I said it seems to do it when your leaning away from the hose.

9. John Gamba

from ct

Maybe the filter to to high in the tank or it shorts it self when the tank is tipped??
    John

10. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Hey Stihl... you're a sponsor here... are you paying attention to this? We need a little fuel pickup redesign here.