Question for turf tiger owners.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Royalslover, Nov 25, 2005.

1. Royalslover

Royalslover LawnSite Senior Member

Have any of you guys had trouble with vibration coming from the pto shaft? My brother and both have a tt and we have had nothing but trouble. He actually had the whole back of mower fall off.

2. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

I have one of those crappy mowers. Never will i buy a Scag again.

3. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Scag doesn't make crappy mowers, It's all about operator skill, (YOU):rolleyes:

4. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

Skag Turf Runner...a complete piece of crap....I rest my case.

5. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Local dealer here sells 100 plus units a year has only 1 complaint of gear box problems,scag is not a crappy mower have owned 1.

6. jgtxusa

jgtxusa LawnSite Member

I bet the guys on here who say a turf tiger is a piece have not owned many others kinds of mowers. You will have problems with every mower that you run if you run hard. Scag Turf Tigers are the best full size Z on the market. I dont like the cubs or the wildcat much, but I love the Turf tigers. I just bought two more brand new ones and have never had a problem out of any of the tt. We run these machines 80% mowing medians and right of ways. If you are going to have a gearbox or a shaft problem, we would have it. Did you buy the mower new? Sure its not anything else jumping on the machine.

7. jgtxusa

jgtxusa LawnSite Member

My local dealer sold all of the turf tigers to brickman and does all their service. he specifically recommends the tt.

8. jgtxusa

jgtxusa LawnSite Member

I like scag, but why in the hell would you buy a scag t runner when walker is not much more expensive and more available used.

9. kaufmaninc

kaufmaninc LawnSite Member

Wow. Not sure what the problem is but I hate to hear this. We got TT's and like them well. I've got 1500 plus hours on mine and had to replace a wheelmotor and Hydro pump. Does this qualify it as a piece of junk? No, just something that does bad. Just replaced the inside bearing on the Impeller on the bagging unit. Does this make it junk? No, just another part that failed. Scag is an excellent mower and would buy another in a heart beat. If anything, I'd wished they would redesign them to weigh less.
    Lastly, how could those junky, goofy, orange mowers be 2nd in mower sales ONLY to eXmark.

10. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

MY BRO IN LAW HAS 2 TT AND THE TRAILING ARMS THAT HOLD THE DECK KEEP BREAKING and it is not from any abuse that i see i am building him heaver duty ones so this stops i have talked him into buying exmarks he has 1 and i cant wait till the tt r gone there has been a lot of other problems with them and i would never tell someone to buy 1