1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Question For TXIRRIGATION

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by MEXANDME, Apr 27, 2013.

1. MEXANDME

MEXANDME LawnSite Senior Member

You mentioned in another thread that you do not like Add A-Zones. I have installed two lately and "so far / so good" but I know they have only been in service for a couple of months.

Why do you not like them / what should I be on the look out for down the road?

(I am in no way being critical of your comment / I am just trying to learn!)

Thanks / Regards,

Mex

2. txirrigation

txirrigation LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

They are fine, I use them when backed against the wall. I do not like doing things that would lead the next guy to service the system to think we hacked it. I just like running another wire.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. RhettMan

RhettMan LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

has anyone ever tried using one of those "invisible-fence-for-dog's-wire-laying-machines" for adding new zone wire?

4. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Too shallow even in conduit just like phone, cable and fibre optics. We've hit them all. :dizzy:

5. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

This is the reason why I always try to do the best job possible with all aspects of service and installation.

I want the next tech or competitor to realize the "guy before me" does a better job than I do..

Does that make sense? its been a long day.

6. MEXANDME

MEXANDME LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for all of the replies!

When it is a "bad wire," I do everything I can to repair/replace it.

My recent two situations were where it was a couple of hundred feet back to the clock and no spare wires (Was not multi-strand. All single conductors.) in well established yards.

I very much respect your desire to "do it the right way!"

Regards,

Mex