Question For TXIRRIGATION

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by MEXANDME, Apr 27, 2013.

1. MEXANDME

MEXANDME LawnSite Senior Member

You mentioned in another thread that you do not like Add A-Zones. I have installed two lately and "so far / so good" but I know they have only been in service for a couple of months.

Why do you not like them / what should I be on the look out for down the road?

(I am in no way being critical of your comment / I am just trying to learn!)

Thanks / Regards,

Mex

2. txirrigation

txirrigation LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

They are fine, I use them when backed against the wall. I do not like doing things that would lead the next guy to service the system to think we hacked it. I just like running another wire.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. RhettMan

RhettMan LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

has anyone ever tried using one of those "invisible-fence-for-dog's-wire-laying-machines" for adding new zone wire?

4. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Too shallow even in conduit just like phone, cable and fibre optics. We've hit them all. :dizzy:

5. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

This is the reason why I always try to do the best job possible with all aspects of service and installation.

I want the next tech or competitor to realize the "guy before me" does a better job than I do..

Does that make sense? its been a long day.

6. MEXANDME

MEXANDME LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for all of the replies!

When it is a "bad wire," I do everything I can to repair/replace it.

My recent two situations were where it was a couple of hundred feet back to the clock and no spare wires (Was not multi-strand. All single conductors.) in well established yards.

I very much respect your desire to "do it the right way!"

Regards,

Mex