Question for Walker owners?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rjones14, May 31, 2008.

1. rjones14

rjones14 LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

I have an 01' GHS with a 48" deck. I am having a problem with clippings building up in the motor area of the mower, mainly towards the front under the seat. It has gotton so bad that after each cut I have to open everything up and blow it out. Has anyone elese had this problem?

2. Precision Lawns

Precision Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Where is the grass coming from? Is there a good connection between the blower chute and the hopper? I used to run an MD, only ever had that problem when the hopper didn't close all the way after dumping. Hope that helps.

3. DavisLawn

DavisLawn LawnSite Member

make sure theres not a hole in the blower cover... mine did the same thing and that was the problem.... we welded a patch on it ... problem solved

4. Dean of Green

Dean of Green LawnSite Senior Member

Check your blower housing for a hole. Sounds like you might have one. I had a small hole that shot grass and leaves all over the same area you are speaking of.

5. Dean of Green

Dean of Green LawnSite Senior Member

I guess I am a slow typer.

6. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Yup, I'd check the blower housing. Also check the chute between the deck and the blower.

7. rjones14

rjones14 LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

Thanks guys.

8. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Also you can wear a hole in the pickup tube from the deck. It will do the same thing.