Question for you Leaf Clean up Guys

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by rbljack, Nov 13, 2012.

1. RSK Property Maintenance

RSK Property Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

buy the br600, also if you shouldn't cost you 600, try to negotiate with your dealer. they list at 499.99 here+ tax. I paid less than that after taxes.....i'm about to buy another one next week....then i'm done buying equipment for the fall.

2. newguy123

newguy123 LawnSite Bronze Member

I use an Echo PB500T back back blower for clean ups and it has plenty power. They run me about $300 at Home Depot.

3. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I'd recommend something bigger than the PB500 for cleanups...time is money. There are blowers that are literally twice as powerfull as the PB500.

4. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

i agree. Buy the most powerful blower you can buy. No point in getting something underpowered to save you a couple hundred bucks. Everything will take longer for years because of it costing you way more in labor or your own time.

5. rbljack

rbljack LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

thanks for your inputs. I concur on the blower size, thats why i am waiting until i can afford that specific blower..LOL, i want the BR600.

And sorry about the typo....yep..they are $499.00 new plus tax. I have an old leaf vac im going to try in the meantime. I dont know if Ill be able to get the back pack blower this year. Mowing season is almost over. I'm very happy with my equipment puirchases this year though:

Three pieces of stihl equipment, a new honda HRC, and a Billy Goat Aerator.

I may have to just get by for now with what I currently have. BUT>..the backpack blower is next on my list.

The leaves in the beds will come out, it just may not be done in the most efficient manner for the time being....LOL.

6. herler

herler LawnSite Fanatic

You better buy that 600 or you'll just be back to the store keep buying more tools, at least with the 600 you'll have enough blower to keep you going a while (plus you'll be broke too but that's another story) seriously it is one bad ass machine it is not a question with the 600, you will never again wonder if it's enough.
    And it may not be the last blower you'll ever buy, but what if it is, at least it will always do the job.

One more thing...
    Take good care of it, they're made to last 20 years.

7. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

a br 600 will get the job done no problem...just blow them into the lawn before you mow