question,.....got my z spray today

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ant, Apr 12, 2006.

1. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

what a mechine:usflag:
    i think its going to take sometime to get used to...
    question......how do i get the MPH computer working?
    it flashes set---mph...

2. FINN

FINN LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA.

Ant,

The MPH is the same type of "computer" found on bikes. You should have recieved a small manual for it with the machine. Call Z sPRAY and ask to speak with Andy. He will help you if the manual doesn't. The bike computer (Sigma) is forieng made and a bit kryptic to understand sometimes. Be sure the correct wheel size setting is in place as this will affect the accuracy of you MPH.

3. ant

i called them today..got it reset..
    i ran it 5mph today on my lawn and it seemed real slow..

4. FINN

from PA.

2900 RPM at 5MPH is what you want........and 40 PSI when doing liquid

5. ant

cool i will try it..

6. ant

thanks again..
    my settings were off on the odometer ..i messed with it and messed up the settings..
    called andy and he got me going..
    the default settings are 1000 in the unit

7. FINN

from PA.

I wasn't sure which model of computer they put on your unit so I did not want to say what the wheel setting might be. Mine is 1000 also.

I saw on another post you did a fert and liquid app on 40K in 12 min? How wide are you throwing? and how many #/k are you putting down?

8. ant

finn did not do the 40k i quoted from another guys post..
    i think i am getting the hang of it.. on thing i noticed ,...it throws fert all over...it's not the mechine it me..i need to get the settings right..

9. FINN

from PA.

ok.....on the 40k.......i was problably puch drunk from working all day when I read it.........sorry

It does take some getting used to. I know last year when I first got it I did not throw as wide as was suggested. I don't like the pattern much beyond 4. It gets sloppy in my opinion. Be sure the fert does not brigde in the hopper. Pop the front end from time time to shake/stir the fert in the hopper. Especialy with the combo products. Some people take the agitator clip off. Keep the cables lubed. The right hand lever (forget the name) will help to influence your pattern left to right. It goes not take much adjustment to get the desired effect. I try to leave on one setting or move it out of the way all together.

Watch the hills. Work across and up. Or go straight up, increase pattern width and reduce speed. Then back down (slowly). Move over and do it again etc.

10. ant

well i knew it... it only took me 20,000 sf to become an authority on the machine....lol

really.. i still need to get the hang of it.. my son is chirping about there is to much to blow down..
    i will get the hang of it..