Question, how much for extra services?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Gizmo_019, Aug 2, 2005.

1. Gizmo_019

Gizmo_019 LawnSite Member

On one of the cemeteries I mow the caretaker ask me to think of a price on how much it would take to knock down all the ant hills built up on the sides of the stones. Some of these ant hills are huge, will take a shovel to knock them down. I was thinking I go mow and poison the hills one day, then go back the next and trim then knock the hills down.

I ask my neighbor that used to mow it, and he never fooled with it. But he said he would do it by the hour, like $30-$40 hour + cost of poison. I was thinking more along the lines of by the stone, but that that maybe too extreme, do ya think? I charge $12/stone to fill it in ( if it sinks, dirt washes away around it, etc. ) and I was thinking of charging $6/stone for knockin the ant hills down, since there isn't as much actual labor as filling them in. What do you guys think?
  2. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

What are your cost per hr? That will tell you what you need to make per hr and then figure in how much profit you want.
  3. Gizmo_019

Gizmo_019 LawnSite Member

I had made up my mind I am going to go it by hr. I think I'm going to tell him $35/hr + cost of poison.