question in regards to bagger on lawn dethatcher

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by arborist, Aug 26, 2011.

1. arborist

arborist LawnSite Member

I am looking at buying a new bluebird or husgavarna power rake now and they have the option to buy it with a bagger. has anyone used one with a bagger just curious to see how well the bagger system works on it or if its a waste of money.

2. stankers

stankers LawnSite Member

3. arborist

arborist LawnSite Member

sorry too far for me but do you know if the bagging system works good on them.

4. stankers

stankers LawnSite Member

I'm not sure. From what i've read I dont think so. I thinl people use the rake then vacuum with a mower. I'll ship.
    Steve
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. agrostis

agrostis LawnSite Silver Member

I am not sure exactly what you are going to do do but the de-thatchers i have seen kick up a LOT of debris. I would think a bagger is not a good idea.

6. ArenaLandscaping

ArenaLandscaping LawnSite Member

When you de-thatch a lawn you have to blow the whole yard out ! IMO the catcher would fill to quickly(wasting your time on the job), and you would have to blow the yard out anyways to get the best results.

I think it would be a waste of money and time.

7. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

I dont know,never used a power rake with a bagger i normally powerrake the whole yard,rake most of it with hand rake..and pile it then come back and put in bags and cleanup/mow the yard with mower.