question;lesco space saver

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ant, Feb 24, 2006.

1. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

does any part of the sprayer hang over the truck bed .
    i am looking into one to see if it will fit under my cap..
    ant

2. crzymow

crzymow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa

i really dont think you will be able to fit it under your cap, i have sideboards on my truck that i have to take off, besides, how will you get your hose???

3. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

I picked up a new spacesaver today, I think it may be possible to wedge one under a cap on a full sized truck, but it wouldn't be possible to use it. You need access to the top for loading and mixing, you need acces to the top back and sides for adjusting the valves, and checking the filter. You need tons of access to the passenger side for the hose & engine. The reel ans motor hang over my top rail just a little bit on a full sized Chev 2500. If I shove it all the way towards the driver side it still just covers part of the side rail.

4. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

you may be able to fit a utility type of truck cap that has the side doors that open up. but it would be hard to get inside to fill and mix the fertilizer

5. Dallas Turf

Dallas Turf LawnSite Member

To fill such a setup you add a 2" bulkhead and valve and cam lock quick coupler near the top of the tank and fill with a pump from a tank on the ground. You can find used tote (pallet) tanks for about $50 and cut a larger hole in the top so you can mix in it and get a $200 pacer pump to recirculate the mix and pump into your spray truck.

6. crzymow

crzymow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa

be easier to take off the cap.

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

LOL! Ahh,....yea.:) Also, the tank thing, with filling it from a different tank, and pumping it in...you would open up so much much more of a can of worms with the DOA with that, then what you alREADT have to contend with.

8. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I think if I was going to put on a cap I would get a utility cap that has the doors that open on the sides, you could mount your hose reel, pump and motor in the compartment behind the door, and mount a 200gal tank in the front of your bed. you could probably put something like this together yourself for $1500, half of what the spacesaver will cost.

9. Dallas Turf

Dallas Turf LawnSite Member

It is a pain to dump a bag of urea through a 6" hole. If you want to you can I prefer to open it up.

10. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member