1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Question of productivity? What is your level of production?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by adrianvbarrera, Mar 21, 2003.

1. adrianvbarrera

adrianvbarrera LawnSite Member

"Warning....Newbie is about to ask stupid question"

What level of productivity do you get from your employees and yourself.

In other words how many Lawns do you have and how many employees does it take to get them done in a week. I don't mean crews....I mean employees...to say that 3 crews do so many lawns is not very helpful.

Assume several things:

1) all your lawns count the same....within reason.
    2) all your guys put in 8 hours of work and all of them are moderately hard working. Yeah right...anyways for sake of simplicity just assume that...:)
    3) 5 day week.

The reason that I am doing this is that I am doing a Business simulation of a Lawn Care Operation and would like some input as to the range of employee production.

PLEASE DO answer this post....I will run the simulation and will post my findings on this forum. It will help everybody. If you are doing things wrong it will help you change them if you are doing things right it will give you peace of mind. Lowballers might realize that they are hurting the industry.

By doing extensive searches I have been able to find most of the variables for the simulation except employee production....atleast not in enough numbers to get a valid range.

If you do not want to post in public then send me the numbers to my email

This will help us (the LCO's) find out where the weak link in our business is. I am doing this for my purpose and for everyones benefit. I have done these simulations before and sometimes the things that need fixing are things that you just thought were perfect.

I know that I have not contributed anything productive to this forum but be advised that I am new to Lawns but not to business. I own an Auto Repair Shop and A Construction Company in Dallas Texas. Unlike other people here that sell off profitable businesses....I will not sell a profitable business...why sell the goose that lays the golden eggs.

Hopefully people will not just shrug this message off.