Question on 07

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by K c m, Jan 15, 2007.

1. K c m

K c m LawnSite Senior Member

Hello guys. As some of you may remember I have Joined an electrical union and am 15wks into my apprenticeship. Last summer I made some cuts in contracts. My plan was to keep my 30 and just make some fun money with it. However my girlfriend has decided she wants to rock and roll this summer and make a ton of money which is definatly in grasp if shes willing to work. Dilemma number 1 is this is her. she is a tiny tiny woman but i want her to work since its going towards her final year in college and a serious resume resource. she will be running the books to since finance is what her degree will be when she graduates from St. Joes University (phila)
    this is she and I.

n34202572_30671043_549.jpg

2. K c m

as you can see shes small :laugh:

she can operate my equipment but being 95lbs its hard for her to start. Without spening a lot of money do you guys have any suggestions for what i can do to make life easier for both of us?

here is what i run.

yeas.jpg

3. K c m

Velkies for both which she can operate no problems.

4. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

If you want her to be able to start the mowers get electric start. I would also get a two wheeled velke or a bullrider to make operation easier.

5. K c m

thanks. I don't have that capital to buy one of those electric start guys. Frankly i don't feel they are worth it. And i Have 1 wheeled velkies for both my 36 and 48. (the exmark one)

6. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

Thats about all I can think of for the starting problem. I only suggested the 2 wheel sulky because i thought it may be easier for her to keep her balance.

7. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

Is she tiny or are you really really big? I'm guessing both. Like the others said, use the sulky. Other than that she should be able to handle a trimmer if she can't get the hang of mowing a straight line.

8. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

No offense, but if there was ever a picture that looked photoshopped... :D

Anyways, why don't you just start the mower for her when you're at a property??

If you're not going to be at the property, then you'll have to find a decent electric start.

9. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't understand this comment???:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: What pic is photoshopped? You had me looking at pixels for 5 minutes.

10. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Kcm, my wife runs our business I just repair and build equipment. She runs a Walker and a Bobcat midmount and haul with a cube van. She does a couple of lawns that require the 21" but they pay so well she won't give them up. I know you don't want to hear this but consider buying a Walker and dump/sell all the accounts that it doesn't work well on. The lawns you are looking for are tight with lots of beds and some open areas but not bg lots. At her size she is going to have a tough time wrestling a wbh around.
    Second option is to get a midmount and target big open lots so she is driving and doing very little trimming. We offer a lower price if they allow us to spray roundup around objects in the lawn. It's not really lower we price it higher and look like we drop it for spraying. My wife has a bunch of big lawns where she doesn't have to get off the mower at all and there is zero trimming. Several others only require trimming every few weeks.
    PS, my wife is Dutch so she is a little bigger than your gf. She could handle me easily.