Question on 36 ferris for sale

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by qualitycut, Jan 15, 2008.

1. qualitycut

qualitycut LawnSite Member

A homeowner in my area is selling a 2005 36 ferris hyrdo walk only has 50 hrs on and is selling it for 1150 has velke and grass catcher, is it worth more than that because I do not really need it but would like to make some money off it if it is worth more. Thanks for your time

2. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

I have one, I've seen them go on E-bay for around $1500. I haven't seen any selling for that much lately, but probably in the spring you'll have better luck. Maybe you can get it for an even G? Sell the Velke seperate, I've never seen any bring more b/c of a velke.
    hope it helps,
    Matt.

3. qualitycut

qualitycut LawnSite Member

Ya I was thinking that does the bagger on those fit other ferris mowers? also like your quotes I got the welfare one on my truck

4. mattfromNY

Yeah, the baggers will fit any of the walkers, just take off the mounting bracket and install it on another, or if you have two units buy another mount to switch the bagger between the two.
    I dont make any friends at the section 8 housing apartments we maintain, I have one in my back window, too!!

5. gandk06

gandk06 LawnSite Senior Member

That is about what it is worth. I just bought that mower, but an 04 with catcher but no velke for $650. I think that I got a very good deal but I would not plan on trying to buy it and resell it. Even if you can get it for $1000 I don't think you could resell it for much more.

6. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

At 50 hours it sounds like a decent deal to me. What are they, about $3000 new?

7. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

The mowers are right at $3k new. Thats funny that he has a velkie for it. Are you sure that he was using it on this model? All my dealers and the manufacturers have told me no velkie on this mower because its the single hydro...this kinda sucks to hear that my mower would only be worth these figures but o well, I plan on keeping it for a while longer. I think for 1150, you should take it and run.

8. mattfromNY

I've thought about putting a velke on mine, too, but then I get onto a slight incline, and no way I'd be able to do it. One wheel would spin.
    Maybe strap a skateboard behind it, then I could 'scootch' it along with one foot when one wheel starts spinning.:dizzy: