Question on 36''Great dane Scamper HG-Pistol

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowgli, Jun 10, 2005.

1. Mowgli

Mowgli LawnSite Member

I just want to know if anybody has one and how do you like it. Do you have any problem whith it at all?
    The one i demoed was brand new 15hp dual hydro. And it seem like a well built macine.The price was not too bad ether($2900).

2. Mowgli

Mowgli LawnSite Member

anybody out there?

3. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

1st mower I started with and I still have it and use it daily. Good mower, price sounds great, think I paid $3800 for mine.

4. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

I looked at one in a trade show booth a couple of years ago, when they first came out. I discarded any notion of owning one because I saw no cruise control. In other words, there is no ground drive speed control setting. The operator has to hold the grips at the speed desired. I mow some large jobs with my Exmark, lawns that are pretty rough. Trying to hold the constant speed seemed impossible to me.

Maybe I'm wrong and confused with another w/b model, but you may wish to take another look to confirm. Maybe the issue isn't a problem for you, but it is a major issue with me - any why some other well-known brands have been removed from consideration.

5. g5cutsgrass

g5cutsgrass LawnSite Member

The only machine I have is a Great Dane Scamper 48, paid 3800 for it last year. I like it, it has been very dependable, easy to maintain and produces a good quality cut. Mine (and I think all the models now have it) has a speed control so that fully squeezing the handles produces the top speed set by the control. The speed can be varied temporarily by varying the grip. They also have a loop handle available now that I like too.

6. JON K

JON K LawnSite Member

I have 36'' that I have used for 6 years no problems. This season I replaced the first spindle berring. Built like a tank. 14h kaw. with a pro-slide. has a loop handle and you can set the speed.