1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Question on 50 inch w/b

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by hortboy, Jul 13, 2004.

1. hortboy

hortboy LawnSite Member

Hey guys, Got a problem w/ a back up mower we seem to be using alot this this. It is a gravely Pro 50 w/ an 18 Briggs. It has plenty of power and it's a hydro. My question is this. All the sudden when I'm cutting, I'm noticing grass not being discharged from the side and actually coming out from under the back side of the deck. It is on the same side as the side discharge and it is only about a 6 to 8 inch wide path of grass. It is cuttint the grass fine but the appearence afterwards is a noticeable strip[ of matted grass . Please give me any suggestions to resolve issue
  2. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Check your belt. It's probably slipping or worn out. Also see if the pulley's are worn excessivelly as well. Hope this helps..

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Is the deck clean or the discharge blocked?
  4. hortboy

hortboy LawnSite Member

deck is clean underneath, side discharge not blocked, pulleys are in good shape, belt are new this season. Could the deck pitch cause this????
  5. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

i caught my pro-50 gravely on a root once real bad and bent the baffling under the deck. it seperated the baffling from the deck and was allowing grass to exit behind the deck. i had to take the deck off (real easy) and then give it a little precision adjustment with a 6lb sledge ;). after that its been good as new.