Question on a shindaiwa t270????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by southtx, Apr 24, 2006.

1. southtx

southtx LawnSite Member

Well the other day I picked up a older model t270 from a old man for 40 bucks. He said that he did yards a while back and that this trimmer was used but it was to heavy for him so he kept it as a back up. I told him that I would take it with out starting it up.. I was taking a chance but for 40 bucks why not??.... well when I got it home and cleaned it up and she started right up. Well the ???? I have is this model has the tickler lever I have never heard nor seen do to me running t231"s. What I would like to know is do I have to pump it before or after I choke the trimmer??? Also what is the lever function??? Or am I dont the whole thing wrong??? I used it all day today and I think I will never go back to the t231 this things I a hoss :weightlifter:. Well any information will help guy thanks.

2. Dependable Mowing

Dependable Mowing LawnSite Member

Are you talking about the lever/button under the carb? If you are, then you hold that down with one finger while you pump the primer ball with another. Do that until gas come out of the little tube above the gas tank. Pump it before you choke if the trimmer is cold. If the trimmer is warm, you shouldn't have to do anything other than pull the rope. If I'm not talking about the right thing, let me know.

3. southtx

southtx LawnSite Member

That sounds right...So the gas is foing to becoming out of the lever becasue today I pumped the lever a couple of times and gas came right out above the lever. Thank you So what does the lever do??? I guess it aloows gas to follow inot the carb??

4. totallawncare912

totallawncare912 LawnSite Member

that lever releases air out and lets the fuel flow into the carb just like a regular carb like on your T231 it just flows the air into the tank the T27 you have does the same thing just flows it on the ground

5. outlaw1960

outlaw1960 LawnSite Senior Member
    from denver

The lever helps to purge the carb, get the air out. You will love that trimmer, I've had one for 8 years and it's better than a timex, just keeps ticking!

6. rob7233

rob7233 LawnSite Senior Member

The Shindaiwa T-27 is an older version of the T270. The T-27 has an adjustable carb and a primer line whereas the T270 has a bulb and the fuel return goes back into the tank vs. the ground. BTW I have two of theT-27s, Mucho power +.

7. totallawncare912

totallawncare912 LawnSite Member

Rob you also have a brand new T270 still hanging over the fireplace on the mantle too dont you ?? LOL

8. rob7233

rob7233 LawnSite Senior Member

It'll probably stay there forever waiting for the T-27 to die.....:clapping: