1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Question on bid

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by fall46, Aug 13, 2010.

1. CA Green

CA Green LawnSite Member

If you are looking for a solid clock with max station capability, I recomend Hunter ICC. Their new remote is nice with good range.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. zman9119

zman9119 LawnSite Senior Member

3. Armadillolawncare

Armadillolawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I also suggest the Rain Bird modular. I think they are easier to program then the Hunters and they are reliable and affordable.
  4. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

lol for 800 you might as well get a rainmaster and spend the extra 4..
  5. Some Sprinkler Guy

Some Sprinkler Guy LawnSite Member

I agree with that. Problem is they never have the right parts or good parts for that matter.

This situation is the perfect example. Who warranties it if the Rainbird gets the mv light :). Or the pro-c drops a zone on the module?

I generally tell my customers "look, use my stuff so its my problem if it doesn't work". Don't normally get much argument with that.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

I have installed/tried both the Rainbird ESP and the Hunter Pro-C. My vote is for the Hunter Pro-C as it is more user friendly. Far easier for the homeowner to understand and even myself. Haven't tried the Rainbird remotes but use the Hunter Roam and with the Pro-C and am very satisfied. The Hunter has all the features you could ever want and the ability to expand in the future.
  7. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

8. Fireguy97

Fireguy97 LawnSite Senior Member

Out of curiosity, is this a licensed and insured installer, or a 'handyman'?

I've never seen a supplier that only sold, "overkill" clocks.

9. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Me thinks the installer is a maroon.
  10. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

Which is exactly what I did recently.... but if you only install one brand, then maybe a brand specific remote is a good idea.