Question on bid

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by fall46, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I cover a system's parts and labor as a package deal. No splitting hairs.

2. fall46

fall46 LawnSite Member

It sounds like this is coming down to Chevy vs Ford argument. Pro C vs RB ESP with the ID being Toyota?

Sounds like everyone has their brand loyalty for one reason or another....

Looks like its down to ID DMC6 or the Hunter Pro-C 300

ID has the bigger screen size and I like the DST feature. Hunter Pro C seems to have reliability behind it.

3. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

No , ID is the Kia.

4. Wet_Boots

ID is the Yugo

5. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

No... bad analogies... ID is OK, and you can order direct, and the big difference is that customer service is top notch.

Maybe they are the Scion... (which is just a rebranded Daihatsu)

I've had very few problems with their controllers, one was resolved just making sure all the batteries were disconnected for a hard reset after a power surge. They did have a firmware issue once. They were on V1.3 last I checked.

No problems at all with their Jain-sourced and other drip stuff, but they had a few QA issues with outsourced parts for valves... both diaphragm and solenoid issues, though both are probably solved by now.

6. Some Sprinkler Guy

Some Sprinkler Guy LawnSite Member

I bought a ID clock that was bad outa the box. It took waiting a month and a half for me to get the replacement back, and they were going to repair it. I dont mind them repairing it, but they need to remember I had to install the thing on the wall at a job, then remove it and install a pro-c at my expense. At what they probably pay to make those clocks, they could send me a new one so I dont have any more issues at my expense. I had to email and ask where the clock was before getting my replacement.

If their service was "Top Notch" they could have sent me a replacment right away and waited to get the bad one back.

I have spend quite a bit with them on some other stuff too.

I have been happy with their stuff and prices, but just could not stand by on the "Top-Notch" service statement above. I would say their service has been ok.

I have had both Rain bird and Hunter step up on product failures and reimburse me. Not on everything but they have done it.

Heck I got a good check from Rain-Bird on the esp modular mv issue.

7. Wet_Boots

It isn't inaccurate to link ID to an off-brand vehicle name, because the off-brand name is of less value than one of the big three. If ID flakes out and tarnishes the name of ID, big whoop. If Toro introduces the Flo-Pro valve, that leaves a mark that still hurts to this day.

8. terrapro

terrapro LawnSite Bronze Member

Actually Scion is Toyota.

I like the RB and the Hunter.

9. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Scion= Owned by Toyota North America.

Daihatsu= Owned by Toyota (in part, at least)

Scion= Inspired by Dihatsu?? You be the judge...

[​IMG]

Nah, you're right, they dont look at all the same.

10. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

doublepost. stupid computer