Question on contracted accounts

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnsbyrj, Dec 27, 2005.

1. lawnsbyrj

lawnsbyrj LawnSite Member

For those with 12 month contracts, how involved with the property are you after leafs and mowing is over, I noramlly pick up trash and sticks @ least once a month maybe 2 times (there is very littel trash at most of mine). I just wonder if I am doing more or less than the rest.

2. drainedpatience

drainedpatience LawnSite Member

I normally put down a winter fert application at the beginning of Jan, and then test soil and lime as needed. Just go by and run the blower on patios, decks as well. I visit a total of 4 times in Jan and Feb, about every other week.

3. lawn_pro

lawn_pro LawnSite Senior Member

Honestly, I never even look at the residentials...I will occasionaly drive by some associations if I am bored or happen to be in the area...Snow is really the only time we are doing any work to contract accounts in the winter, I would say we do snow removal even if it is less than 1 inch on these accounts just to be safe.

4. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

We usually go every two-weeks in Jan, Feb, March and cut the lawn and do pruning and pesticide applications if it is in the contract. We usually start back going once a week in April and go thur December.