Question on demo's

Discussion in 'LESCO' started by kc2006, Dec 10, 2004.

1. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

First off I think its great that theres actually a rep here who sounds like he cares about the customers!

But I was wondering why Lesco does not allow demo's on their mowers? I was very close to buying a Lesco walk behind last year, it looked well built the dealer seemed nice and helpful and the price was nice, the only thing that got me was that i couldn't demo it. I wasn't about to drop the coin on it with out knowing how it does out in the field so I told the dealer that. I went onto your website and emailed asking the same question and if they could do anything to set up a demo because I was that close to buying. I got an email back basicly making fun of me saying thats stupid if thats all thats holding you back from buying, and questioning my thoughts about the need for a demo. I found it pretty rude and that totally killed my thought of buying, even after the dealer called me about a month later and took $600 off the price of the mower. I just wanted to inform you of the rude service I recieved in the email and my thoughts on the need for a demo. Thanks.

2. Bob West LESCO

Bob West LESCO Sponsor

Thanks for the feedback.

First off, please let me apologize for the response you got regarding our demo program. Your question was certainly a fair one, and the response you received was not appropriate. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

I don't have a complete answer for you regarding our demo program right now because it is evolving as we speak. Let me get w/ our equipment product managers on Monday and get you a more thorough explanation.

Have a good weekend,
    Bob
    Director of Marketing

3. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

I thought about buy a lesco mower too, but no way without a demo. I would feel safer buying a car without a demo then a mower. There is to much variations in cut quality between mowers. The other concern is service? I can't wait for a mower to be shipped out for service unless I'm being supplied with a loaner of equal value.

I think if these two problems were dealt with you would see your sales double.

4. Bob West LESCO

Bob West LESCO Sponsor

Thanks for the feedback, guys. We certainly understand where you're coming from. I'll make sure your input is shared w/ our equipment product manager, who is spending a lot of time looking into this right now.

Thanks again,
    Bob

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

6. Bob West LESCO

Bob West LESCO Sponsor

Ed2hess has touched on a couple of the key challenges w/ mower demos. Customers want to demo equipment for a couple of days, but many of them don't take care of the equipment at all. Plus, every extra hour on the meter hurts that machine's price.

By the same token, we're sensitive to many contractors' point that they don't want to buy a machine they can't test drive.

Overall, this is a challenging issue, before even getting into the matter of loaner equipment. We are spending a lot of time talking about this and trying to figure out the best way to serve our customers. Thanks so much for taking the time to share your opinions -- we're listening.

Bob

7. Soupy

8. Soupy

The loaner equipment isn't a real big deal. Only the top dealers in my area offer loaners but these are the guys that have parts department open untill 11pm 7 days a week and when you need a mower fixed they get it done. Real businees men need to know that their money is being well spent. With the price of Lesco mowers I could buy 2 of them for every new one I needed. But I'm still not buying untill I demo.