Question on Ear Muffs

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Enzo, May 1, 2008.

1. Enzo

Enzo LawnSite Member

Where should I buy ear muffs that have a radio built into them and protect your ears from all the noise? I have noticed that my hearing is becoming slightly worst than it was before I started doing this business.

2. minix

minix LawnSite Senior Member

I just bought a pair at Lowes $50.

3. zapmaz

zapmaz LawnSite Member

Sears has some microear radio headphones for $25.

4. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

Stihl makes them apparently... I think they were $75

5. Post Mowing

Post Mowing LawnSite Member

YES spend the money and buy the ones that cover your total ear. the ones with the radio in the rock i have AO safety ones and have used them everyday for 2 years

6. jhakarter

jhakarter LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

Does anyone know if there is any out there that allow you to plug in a ipod, but act as a earmuff like you guys are talking. Or if not are the radios on them digital or analog as far as setting the settings. I am looking at getting some instead of just using my ipod earbuds. Thanks

7. Bennett scape

Bennett scape LawnSite Member

proper PPE is very importaint and should be worn at all times get one that does not have a radio

8. Post Mowing

Post Mowing LawnSite Member

the ones i have let the ipod plug right in

9. 4curbappeal

4curbappeal LawnSite Senior Member

I have the Stihl radio headphones. I like them, but wish they had the digital tuner. I believe I paid around $70 about a year ago. Husqvarna makes the digital version, but from what I hear they are very salty!

10. jhakarter

jhakarter LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

Post Mowing, can you post a link to where you can get the ones you got if they do have the ipod connection? Thanks!, If you do not have the radio or anything on, are they pretty sound? Thanks
    Josh