1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Question on EFI

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by cward76, Apr 6, 2006.

1. cward76

cward76 LawnSite Member

I have mowed some the pass two days with my new mower and have a question. After mowing for a while each day I have got off to moved some things and left the engine idealing. Before I get back on, the check engine light comes on and the engine starts to run rough and then dies. The first day I just waited a minute and start it back up. It ran rough for a split second and then cleared up. The next day the same thing happened. This time I checked the code and it gave a code of 31. It also would not start. I let it set for about 15 minutes an then tried it again. It started, ran rough for a second and then cleared up. I mowed for about 20 min longer and it ran like a champ. Any ideas of whats going on? Gas? Oxygen sensor? Low presure? Ground problem? Or maybe something I am doing.
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I am not a EFI expert, so I cant really even guess what the problem is.
    Call your dealer, I am positive you can get this taken care of.
  3. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

I would like for you to tell us what the problem was with your 28 efi so others will know what to expect if they run into the same problem. Thanks
  4. cward76

cward76 LawnSite Member

I have not had any other problems with it running since the last time I posted. Maybe a little water in the gas is the only thing I can think of. Dealer had filled it up for me. If it does it again, I will have my dealer check it out and let you guys know something.
  5. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

That is wonderful good look, don't you just love this mower it is really amazing.