Question on Husqvarna equipment?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AllSeasonsAllReasons, Feb 17, 2001.

1. AllSeasonsAllReasons

AllSeasonsAllReasons LawnSite Member

So how would you rate there line of equipment?? I just bought a set of there hedge trimmers with the 30 in double sided blades cost me 399.00 and i also bought there edger cost me 349.00 hope it's good!! I trust the dealer he helped me start out! Also have you guys seen there saftey hard hat's with the face sheild and ear muffs connected to them? Is that an over kill to wear doing lawn care or good idea? He through it in for free so i won't coplain! Thanks guys
  2. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

Never can be too safe, all it takes is a split second to lose an eye.
  3. lee b

lee b LawnSite Fanatic

I've used husky products for years with no problems, some of the best equipment made in my ever-so humble opinion.
  4. Shack

Shack LawnSite Member

I like Huskey trimmers and saws, dont know anything about other products.
  5. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes the helmet/earmuff combo seems like overkill. I would suffocate and die from drowning in my own sweat if I had to wear that in the summer here, but in Wis. you probably need it while blowing snow. LOL
  6. jay

jay LawnSite Member

I have a few husky products. They have worked out pretty good for me so far. The rep is local here and is always around to help. Are those hedge trimmers the new ones with the shocks on them to lessen the vibractions? If so let me know how they do I was checking them out the other day.
  7. DMC300

DMC300 LawnSite Senior Member

Believe it or not,Iuse the husky hat all year long here.
    You get used to it after awhile.The first week I started using it I saved an eye and probably most of my nose (don't ask).Iuse it faithfully now.
    Other than that I only have exp. with their saws.Good products.
  8. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I would never buy Husk'y again or recomend Husk'y to any one.
  9. EarthTech Landscapes

EarthTech Landscapes LawnSite Member

i had a few husky products hated them. I know stick with stihls, echos, redmax, and tanaka. I had a husky weedwacker seize up, and there hedgetrimmers just plain sucks.
  10. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I have a Husky backpack blower goin on 5 years now and not 1 problem with it. Blows like crazy and starts on 1 or 2 pulls. Amsoil 100:1 helps too. Thats all I know about Husky.
    Yes I would buy another.