Question on leveling a deck on exmark hp

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by QualityLawnCare4u, Jun 27, 2008.

1. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

I need to know if anyone has a owners manual or can tell me how to adjust/level the deck on a lazer z hp with a 48" deck. The left side is a little lower than the right side and I don't have a manual.

I remember reading in a manual one time about putting blocks under the deck and how to adjust the chains,pitch and side to side but can't remember the procedure.

My closest dealer is about 40 miles away and not the nicest in the world so I hate to take it to them and not one dealer here wants to mess with it.
  2. lawnguy001

lawnguy001 LawnSite Member

Danny, go to Exmark's web site and you can download your operator's manual according to your serial #. Walt
  3. olde_blue

olde_blue LawnSite Senior Member

I have an 2001 48" Lazer Z HP, and I've had to level the deck twice (caught it on my trailer and twisted it out of adjustment). As suggested before, I used an owner's manual from exmark's website. The adjustment takes a couple of hours, because you have to take all the tension off the springs which help lift the deck (with a wrench--a rachet will not work here). Also, finding the right sized blocks is difficult--you probably will have to make them.