1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Question on new Lazer EPS

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chariot, Jun 10, 2002.

1. chariot

chariot LawnSite Senior Member

I just got this thing last Thursday and everything was fine. I then noticed that I kept hearing something that did not sound right. Come to find out it is the deck belt underneath the foot platform. The belt is somehow hitting back against itself when it goes aroung these 3 pulleys. You can see what looks like black powder on the deck underneath where the belts are hitting. I posted this in the Exmark forum Friday but it never showed up in there so that is why I am now here. Anyone else have this happen? Could the spring that holds tension be to long. Could the belt be to long? Maybe I am to picky but it seems that if it continues to do this that it will cause premature belt wear. Any ideas? Thanks
  2. scottb

scottb LawnSite Senior Member

I dont know but at the least run it back by your dealer to see if this is normal or if they need to make an adjustment.
  3. chariot

chariot LawnSite Senior Member

My question showed up in the Exmark forum now. If you want to give your input you can do that here or there. Thanks