1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Question on Nightscaping transformer

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Lite4, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

So I pulled out an old 1000 watt, Nightscaping transformer out of my attic that I took off of a job a couple years back. I am installing some lights out behind my house in my back trees. I figuired I would use this transformer but I am running into an issue and just wondered if any of you have seen it. I pulled all the old 25 amp fustats, and replaced them with 20 amp ones to have fresh ones in there (it's all I could find at Lowes). I hooked up my runs, but only the runs on the C and D lugs lit up. I pulled out my meter and tested all the lugs. When I turn off A and B all of the terminal colored voltage blocks seem to work as they should. When I turn ON A and B the blue and yellow lugs read 25 volts. The runs on A and B do not light up (although A and B lugs do register Voltage at the lugs.) Kind of strange, says I. It's dark and I am inside now, so I will have to check it out further tomorrow sometime, but thought I would send this out to see if any of you have any thoughts.

Thanks,

2. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

Never have run into that... they do have a lifetime warranty to the original owner, whatever that may be worth...

3. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Tim, makes sure you only use Buss Type S 25Amp fustats in that transformer. Each size of Buss Fustat has a slightly different shaped base, and they are tapered. This is to stop someone from using the wrong size of fustat. Also dont even try to install a D or P type of fuse as you will muck up the sockets.

I don't know what to say about the odd output readings you are getting... but start with the right fustats and then try again. If the internals are messed up I am pretty sure you would get a warranty replacement if you asked.