1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Question on Proslide

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SodFather, Mar 9, 2001.

1. SodFather

SodFather LawnSite Member

Just looking around for a sulky, and I saw the Proslide and it looks really neat. What I want to know is does it dig in, or tear the lawn on uneven surfaces? Has anyone used them and what do you think of them? and just your likes and dislikes about them?. I just want to know because there up there in price and want to know if there really worth it. Thanks.
  2. dhicks

dhicks Member

The ProSlide is the greatest. It will not tear or damage the lawn. The end product is a nice striped lawn and my customers rave about my work. When you buy, besure to order a few extra tension springs. For some reason, they wear out after 40-50 hours.
  3. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

4. MowForReal

MowForReal LawnSite Member

Proslide rules! I've tried out wheeled sulkies and you bouce too much. The proslide glides! and you don't need to hang it up like the wheel sulkies.
    Buy a bunch of extra springs...they break
    However, my proslide bottom last much longer than 50 hours.
    I would never consider not having one.
    Plus they strip the grass too.
    Buy it! I have one on each of my two walk-behinds.
  5. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

do a search. there are a ton of threads on pro slides. general word from what i hear, is that they are really good. i really havent seen anyone using one up here in CT, but they are out there.