1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Question on Shindaiwa prices??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Scott Campbell, Feb 22, 2001.

1. Scott Campbell

Scott Campbell LawnSite Member

Had a quick question on the Shindaiwa trimmers and BP's. I have read several of the past posts on the trimmer & BP subject, I am not that familiar with Shindaiwa's. I was at a dealer today who had a T230x trimmer for $270 & a 500 series BP for $380.

Do these prices sound pretty decent for Shindaiwa's. Sounded okay to me, but like I said not up to snuff on this brand. Have read in the threads that they seem to be pretty solid.
  2. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Prices look good but I would pay a little more and get the better models of the shindaiwas on both the trimmer and blower.
  3. Scott Campbell

Thanks LoneStar. I think I remember a few of your posts on the BP's, was it the 600 series that you were liking? I don't recall the trimmer's you may of spoke of.
  4. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

We have a few EB630s plus we have T260s and T270s trimmers...If the higher models are not in your budget you will still be fine with the 500 series blower and the T230x trimmer.

I brag about those blowers so much because I laugh seeing other companies using other brands (I will leave out the brand names) with all three tubes attached and having the end of the blower almost touching the ground moving dirt and debris inch by inch.

[Edited by LoneStarLawn on 02-22-2001 at 11:33 PM]
  5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

You gotta tell those guys to get rid of those Homelite blowers! :)
  6. thefarmer4

thefarmer4 LawnSite Member

I priced a t-230 at $230 last year, is a t-230x different from t-230?
  7. turfguy33

turfguy33 LawnSite Member

I purchased a t230x last year. One of the best trimmers I have found. I thought about getting the larger t260 but, for the the trimming I do which is mostly light to moderate, the t230x is perfect, It is also much lighter too. Less strain on the back........And the only difference I see in the t230 and the t230x is the t230 has a manual feed head, and the t230x has a bump head.....It also takes the attachment for blades and other applications like pruning.
    I paid $370 including tax...SO your quote sounds about right

Ohio Valley Lawn Services
    The grass is always greener when you get paid to mow it
  8. turfguy33

turfguy33 LawnSite Member

woops.......made a small typo..........Paid exactly $292.45 for the t230x
  9. jason2

jason2 LawnSite Member

Just dug out the invoice for the T270 I bought last year. I paid $367.76 for it, with tax it was $397.55. I also bought a EB500 for $358.79

[Edited by jason2 on 02-23-2001 at 01:04 PM]
  10. Scott Campbell

Thanks for the input fellas'. I thought that this deal sounded pretty decent. I just wanted to make sure. There are not very many Shindaiwa dealers around here local. I had to find the one I went to off of Shindaiwa's site.

That's why I deferred to my friends on LS for the help.