1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

question on trimmer line

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Alan's Lawn Care~Co-Owner, Jul 13, 2005.

1. Alan's Lawn Care~Co-Owner

Alan's Lawn Care~Co-Owner LawnSite Member

what kind of trimmer line do you guys run..do you buy the good stuff that Oregon sells or do you use another kind of line like from walmart....also what size do you guys use...we use .095 in our trimmer its a straight shaft with a 34cc motor....
  2. Freshcut Lawn Care

Freshcut Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

We bought our last large roll from Lowes. .095

The line seems to work well!

We would probably buy our next one their as well!
  3. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

I buy my rolls of it from Lowes, 500' rolls of .095 line.
  4. kemmer

kemmer LawnSite Senior Member

i used to use redmax and echo. the redmax was good, but the echo was terrible. I then tried the husky line from lowes, titanium i think its called, it last very long and is very manageable
  5. j fisher

j fisher LawnSite Senior Member

Can't remember the name right now, but I get mine from mowmore.com. .95. Best I've found.

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

We have tried it all,some times cheap flea market works as good.
  7. grassmanvt

grassmanvt LawnSite Senior Member

I really like the .095 shakespeare from walmart, I don't care for their other stuff. I also like the .095 echo stuff but its a bit pricey.
  8. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

I never checked, but I'm quessing Home Depot will have good line as well. We dont have Lowes up here in N.H. I'll check Depot out. I get my line from my dealer -bit more money Im wondering now !!
  9. The Grass Amputator

The Grass Amputator LawnSite Member

I bought a roll, had to be 2,000-3,000 ft., from my dealer. Was a busted roll, so I picked it up for $75.00. Had the kids out in the shop for the last 2 weeks untangling that mess. Good news is that I won't have to buy anymore for a very long time. Don't know the name brand, but it's green, and is square, not round, and is .095.
  10. ken0564

ken0564 LawnSite Member

titanium from lowe's, .095