question on used mowers

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by FLAcowboy, Jul 3, 2008.

1. FLAcowboy

FLAcowboy LawnSite Member

I am very new to the lawn care industry, and was trying to find a fair deal on a good machine. So far I've came up with a 2006 27hp Kohler with a 60 inch cut for 5000 and it only has 170 hours, and a 72 inch 2007 with kohler 28 EFI, with only 40 hours for 7500. I am not really sure on which might be the better deal on a used machine, the 07 looks much better but the 06 runs good. Also what is the diffrence in hp from say a 27 to a 30 on the same deck. Asking because i started out looking for a 30 hp 60-72 inch cut. Will I be losing any performance? Any help would be really great, Thanks

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

What is your budget?
    If yo can swing the EFI that is going to be your best buy for sure.
    You will notice a considerable difference in hp between all the units you listed here, they are all great motors, but the EFI is just more responsive.

Pj

3. FLAcowboy

FLAcowboy LawnSite Member

Thanks for the advice, as far as budget goes, I am more concerned with getting a better machine that will last and do the best possible job for the dollar, the two machines I have been looking at seem reasonable, but for used machines are they decent buys? basically what do you think they should be selling for?

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The EFI is the better buy of the two, although they are both good buys.
    I believe the pricing is reasonable on both.

Pj