1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Question on when is it to late ?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Dunn's, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey everyone We live in missouri and are wondering when it is to late in the season to aerate and dethatch.
  2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

If that is all you are doing, you're fine. If that includes reseeding, you might want to think twice IMO.
  3. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks rod. hey I have a question for you when ever I ask for information on a job or advice on the bidding lately. It always gets moved to the maintance and renovation forum where hardly anyone goes. But at the same time someone with a similar thread won't get moved. I feel in this forum I am very unlikely to get the help or advice I am looking for.
  4. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

With re-seeding in Missouri you might have a couple more weeks before it is time to shut down. I have visions of seeding two lawns this week. Hopefully will get to it.
  5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I try to help as much as can :waving:
  6. mmacsek

mmacsek LawnSite Senior Member

When to stop seeding is always a flip of the coin. Normally we are getting to the end BUT if it stays warmer than normal for a few weeks it should be okay. I think it is to late for fescue mixes. Not really a concete answer but I don't feel one exists. Matt