Question periode for Quick 36 owners that are 1+ years

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Vikings, Feb 13, 2007.

1. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

How has this machine held up after one year of full time use?

I'm thinking of buying the factory direct quick 36 super duty (as my spring budget comes more clear to me:) but I'm worried about longevity.

My other option is 2nd hand Toro/Exmark for ebay :(

A new wb from a local dealer just isn't in the cards for me.

2. Vikings

from canada

These machines don't last a year? or maybe there's not too many customers.

Bump.

3. turf dog

turf dog LawnSite Member

I have only had mine since Aug of this year. But I have put a beating on the machine mulching leaves. It has handled the abuse without missing a beat. If you are going to get one I would go with the Samurai for the Kawi engine. That 16hp engine is great. Sorry that it has not been a year of ownership but I have used and abused this machine and it still runs great.

4. Vikings

from canada

That was going to be my next question exactly. It's a couple hundred bucks more but you go from a brigs and straton 14HP to Kawasaki 16HP. Just noticed that on their site today in fact.

I just hope its still factory direct here in Canada because they say they "trust their distribution" to a co. in Ontario. Sounds like a middle man.

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

All depends on how much you are going to use the unit......if you are putting on 1000hr a year you might want to look at the toro/exmark.

6. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Are you the person that is jsut using it for personl use? IF so, it will most likely out live you with proper maintenance. As any commercial mower would. Just buy the dang thing and get over it. It's only money.

7. Vikings

from canada

Probably 500 hours a season around here, assuming it gets used 5 hours a day 5 days a week for about 5 months. They only count hours that it is in actual use I assume.

I disagree, it's a sizable investment to me.

8. lawn guy1350

lawn guy1350 LawnSite Member

I have a Toro 36" w/b, Have had it for two years and love it. wouldnt trade it for anything!

9. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

You never answered if you were that guy that was using it for personal use....because if you are, then a mower purchase is NOT an INVESTMENT.

But by reading your last post I assume you are in the biz.
    So I understand the research you are doing and yes, it would be considered an investment. A few grand isn't really a sizable investment though.

10. Vikings

from canada

I am in the biz, 2nd spring coming up. I'm also cleaning windows, eaves, snow removal etc. for 8 years but I'm single operator for most of the year, spring and fall I need help.

Basically, I'm maxing out my money in another power raker and some new blowers and a vinyl cutter and a uniforms and insurance, getting certified in pesticide etc. Oh then there is advertising, 10k flyers a week for 4 weeks, large newspaper ad. I don't have enough money to play with it. I'm counting on an awesome spring clean-up so depending how that goes will tell me what kind of new mowers but I cannot go another season, even if I remain solo, with a toro personal pace and a toro recycler. I want them as back up mowers. If necessary, If my whole business plan goes to hell, I'll buy a 21" proline. Ideally, I will have many more yards then last year and will need more and better mowers.