question-plowing

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by fjay5272, Jul 26, 2006.

1. fjay5272

fjay5272 LawnSite Member

I would ask on plowsite but there doesnt seem to be much activity on it this time of year(stating the obvious i suppose) so....

How do you bid commercial snowplow jobs...like differentiate between say a condo complex, community that wants intersections done, and parking lots. They all seem like completely different scenarios, but i cant see a way to bid them differently from eachother. I'm not sure if my question makes sense but hopefully someone can decypher my scatter brained questions.

2. beautifullawns

beautifullawns LawnSite Senior Member

Your pricing structure should be the same. The only thing different is which method they go with. Most Condos get a seasonal price so they know what to budget. Most large commercial places is done this way to. Other people want a price on a per storm basis. I don't use this method but some guys do. They will say its $XX.XX amount per time it snows no matter what the amount. You could also do it per inch. Smaller commercial places usually do this. This way its $X.XX for 1-3", $XX.XX for 3-5" etc. Hope that anwsered your question.

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I'll get on here in a bit and help you out on this. I can give a price schedule scale. Condos are sort of a different thing, though.

4. fjay5272

fjay5272 LawnSite Member

thanks, that would be greatly appreciated