Question re:atrimec PGR

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by Florida Gardener, Apr 8, 2013.

1. I read the label and noticed plumbago isn't on there....has anyone used atrimec on plumbago and at what rate. I also want to use it on pinwheel jasmine. Has anyone used it on this and did the jasmine get really bushy?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

I would try it out at rates from 1/2, going up to 3 oz per gallon. But, there has to be a reason why it is not on the label. Most likely because it outright killed or defoliated the plant. Same is true of the jasmine. Cutless G is much safer. Wish the sprayable formulation was labeled for use on landscape ornamentals. It is labeled for plants in greenhouse and nursery production.

3. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

I have wondered the same thing and have not attempted as it is not labeled for it, I have not used it on any off label plants yet as I am scared of the results.
    I love and I mean love it for viburnum and eugenia and ligustrum however :dancing::dancing:

4. Yea, I'm gonna hit some Eugenia and viburnum with it I got 2 free sample bottles from my fert dealer so might as well make use of them. I have cutless as well and I'm going to be using a lot of PGR this summer as I def want to reduce trimming.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. minx

minx LawnSite Member

OK I am mainly office bound but trying to get out more and loving getting my hands dirty!!!..(I want to know as much or more than my guys)..
    do these things come under your round up licence, or do you need a fert guy to do them for you..
    apologies for the ignorance, just we have never used them.. Thanks

6. No roundup license covers it. Just not turf though(obviously)
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

Florida Gardener has it correct. Your limited license will cover this use. Just make sure they are using it on plants covered. I have a feeling that put in the wrong hands on the wrong plant this = dead or struggling plants.

8. minx

minx LawnSite Member

Yep, would rather trim than kill lol...

9. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

Nothing like a test on potted plants. If anything, stuff in pots is more sensitive due to the limited root area. I test product tolerance on 1 gallon plant material or 10x20 flats if it is ground cover before unleashing something on hundreds of plants.

10. Tri-City Outdoors

Tri-City Outdoors LawnSite Member