Question (rock walkway)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chsmith700, Apr 14, 2008.

1. chsmith700

chsmith700 Inactive

My wife and I just bought a house, the back yard is rather "trashy" the way the previous owner had it done.

Right outside the back door there is a deck all the way to the side fence (back door is actually a side door). From the house to the fence there is 8 feet, then along the side of the house I have 30 feet of decking. Deck needs to be power washed and stained, one of the first things I am going to do. From their I have two tiers of center block (YUCK) First tier is 8 feet, second tier is 5 feet, with some large wood on both sides of first tier, second tier on the sides is dirt which is squared off with wood to make for a flowerbed I suppose.

Question I have for you is, thinking about doing away with the center blocks all together and go with a more rock layout, with grass in between the rocks making it look like a nice little grassy/rocky walkway to the rest of the yard. Do yall have any problems keeping the grass down with a trimmer? Any tips you can give me to make this process a little easier, I have looked around the net but was unable to find anything.

Thanks,

2. chsmith700

chsmith700 Inactive

3. gandk06

gandk06 LawnSite Senior Member

If the rocks are set to the correct level you should be able to cut over them with a lawn mower instead of having to trim all of that.