1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Question Talstar and spiders

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Northwest, Oct 7, 2004.

1. Northwest

Northwest LawnSite Member

Spiders are listed as controlled by Talstar flowable but not PL. They have
    the same % of and active ingredient. I guess this is cause spraying versus granular application. You would have more surfaces of plants and above that the spider walks on to kill them but when they walk on the ground treated by
    PL would they be killed also. Just wondering cause I only had PL on hand and did a perimeter treatment and the people were complaining of spiders. I told them if they were not gone in a few days call me and I will do another app at no cost.
  2. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

Wp's are best at controling spiders .

Did you use the pl at high rate ?
    If so , you can't use it again in the same area .
    Go back and spray all over .
  3. GregoryR

GregoryR LawnSite Member

The application is different for spiders than for ant, earwigs etc, Its really hard to get a good application to the eaves and around windows with a granular, and thats what you need when dealing with spiders around a structure. Also you must treat the foliage of any nearby shrubbery. Talstar flowable is as good as any synth pyrethroid. I think Bill is making reference to TempoWP or DemonWP which are very effective against spiders, but properly applied Talstar, or any other Pyrethroid will work very well also.
  4. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

Suspend & Tempo wp for spiders