Question:Tripple Watering plants?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by CAPT Stream Rotar, Jun 12, 2007.

1. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

OK here is the scoop...A few weeks ago we dripped some trees @ our biggest account. Well lets say this is one of those accounts (on the high end) that is in constant changes...I mean this lady changes her mind about her landscape like the wind blows...She has been doing this for years....Most likely will continue doing so..

Ok, back to the problem

2. CAPT Stream Rotar

lady changes her mind
    plants turff up to the already dripped shrubs/trees.
    Things now will be tripple watered and some 4X..

its what she wants....She pays the bills...Its just not how I was taught..

3. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

I've had lots of clients like that....5' centers, spray heads..you'll never get
    f..ked over with a layout like that! Oh yass, you will, they'll change the size of the bed!:hammerhead:

4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

(or dump thirty yards of fill in the bed, to sculpt some new feature)

5. CAPT Stream Rotar

Mike its all this account ever does...The lady loves to spend the $$....We all know in 5 years(if not sooner) she will change her mind.Its gets us all worked up and pissed off..Now we are gona stream rotor the 20 ft wide strip of loam soon to be hydro seeded turf..Its just not right...I get pissed off when i dig,put my sweat into something Changes in 2 months..Its just not fair...

but alas she pays the bills.I water the turf and plantings.

6. Mike Leary

Part of the trade, my friend...yass, waste of time/sweat/money..would your
    option be slamming in maxi-paws @ the local sub division?

7. CAPT Stream Rotar

True.....Some of those sub-div guys have been throwing me some mind...They want me to Hoss 1 crew...Im thinking its not in my best interest now....Its never a real rush when we work here..I know its part of the trade...We all know its WRONG....but $$ VS. Morals=$$ winner by a landslide..its like stuffing 5 jar-tops in a 6 inch standard rectangle...I hate doing it...Yes I would rather it be a Jumbo box...I have no control over this stuff..It sucks....I hate it....I want proper for everything....My company half a$$'s things...

but they pay me well...soon to be even"MORE BETTER" this fall...Only if i could hook up with someone in the south during the winter here I would be working irrigation 12 months a year and happy....

Oh well, we can always want.....

8. Mike Leary

In the meantime, learn the trade..learn from other f...ups..be the guy or be shedrip..once you've tasted
    high end...I don't think many go to tract homes.:cool2: Tho service & rebuilds are cool for those sites,
    but in most cases...you can't fix it..improve maybe...most often not...stay away from them, they're too
    frustrating!

9. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

What is that supposed to mean? Explain yourself please?

10. Mike Leary

It was in small letters....has nothing to do with the queen of the night......
    thought ROTAR mite want the option as we don't give a rat about gender
    preferences! What? Are we a little oversensitive today?