Question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MrFangs, Aug 18, 2005.

1. MrFangs

MrFangs LawnSite Member
    from Zone 8

This really has me thinking.

Would you cut a neighborhood of 50 lawns (only 1-2 street's long neighborhood, nothing huge) for $15 a piece? I mean, $15 a piece, but it's house-to-house-to-house. NO driving at all, to all 50.

Would you?

2. Viseras lawn service

Viseras lawn service LawnSite Member
    from 6

how long will it take?

3. timinkc

timinkc LawnSite Member

if they're normal sized(5000ft2) i would say hell ya... i had a retirement community i did a ffew years ago that was similar to that.... you would have to see about the trimming edging etc. though.

4. MrFangs

MrFangs LawnSite Member
    from Zone 8

yes, you must trim and blow-clean.

the lot size will take about 15-20 minutes each. (yeah, like 5000ft)

5. The landscaper

The landscaper LawnSite Senior Member

If you could get it done in a day..

6. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd definatly do it. Considering the time and fuel savings it would be worth it at $15 each.

7. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't think so, but if I could do it in 8 hrs solo and upsell I'd think about it.

8. The landscaper

The landscaper LawnSite Senior Member

Similar to a big condo complex.....only you have 50 headaches to worry about for 15 bucks each.

9. MrFangs

MrFangs LawnSite Member
    from Zone 8

That's a good point! I would really have to run some numbers, but I think I'd take it. :p Then again, maybe not.

10. Mower For Less

Mower For Less LawnSite Senior Member

I would not do it for $15. Do the math. I am assuming a 2 man crew, I do similar size lots, and we average 3 per hour (back to back like your scenario) with a 2 man crew. Now assume a break here and there, and you are talking 17 hours per guy X 2 = 34 ManHours for 50 houses. 50 X $15= $750. Thats only $22 per manhour. I can waste 10-20% of my time driving and do much better than that.

I would do it for $20 per house based on my production figures.

That is based on a 36" mower, with fenced backyards. If you have a 60" with no fences between yards, you could drop your time significantly, but I am going to assume the backyards are fenced and you will not be getting a 60" rider back there.

Kevin