Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by MikeA57, Dec 2, 2005.

1. MikeA57

MikeA57 LawnSite Member

Why do I have to sign in for each different task that I want to do on this forum? I wanted to look at someone's public profile and was not signed in. I got the dialog to sign in and did so, no problem. A few minutes later, I wished to post a reply to a thread and had to sign in again. Then, just minutes after that, I wanted to start a new thread, and yup, I had to sign in AGAIN!!!! Why? I've never had this happen on any other forum that I post to. Once I'm signed in, I should be signed in.
  2. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

This has happened to me lately and I only sit there a few minutes at the most. I suspect they have lowered some software setting so if you press the enter key by a certain time you must log in again.
  3. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

This has never happened to me, and I can assure that if others were experiencing this problem, they would be speaking up about it too. I'm thinking it has to be on your end.
    Where you sign in, do you have the little box checked, "remember me" ?
  4. DLS1

Sure do..............

Thats different I got a message saying my message to short and something about it must have 10 characters so I added the ............
  5. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

I think it might have to do with your newness.
  6. DLS1

I guess for me if might have something to do with my oldness. :D
  7. yrdandgardenhandyman

yrdandgardenhandyman LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

I've had the same problem a couple of times in the past but not lately and not a lot. Maybe just an occasional glitch?
  8. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Could be, I'm not real sure. Pierre is the tech guy, and he does a great job of assisting with any problems. I relocated this thread here so he may have a better chance of seeing it.