Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by lawnboy349, Aug 7, 2006.

1. lawnboy349

lawnboy349 LawnSite Member

Does anyone use vacuum blowers for picking up leaves for fall cleanups? I was thinking of purchasing the SH 85 D. Thanks for advice.
  2. newtex

newtex LawnSite Member

It's faster just to blow and rake the leaves into piles and then bag. You could also just blow the leaves into rows and use a bagger lawn mower if you wanted a vacuum approach. JMO
  3. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

I have an SH85 and I use it for a blower more than anything. It doesn't have a LOT of vacuum power. I use it to suck dirt off sidewalks along the edge if I've just touched up the edge or picking up small clumps of grass clippings. It might be OK for picking up small amounts of leaves or cleaning out window wells, etc but I wouldn't try to use it for a large leaf cleanup.
  4. TheLawnBarber

TheLawnBarber LawnSite Senior Member

I have an Echo Es-230 vacum. It has its advantages and disadvantages. It usually tends to clog alot. But the advantage is it does well in flower beds that doesn't have any mulch in the beds.
  5. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

waste of time, been there done that, and that was when i only had two cleanups per year (about four years ago). Faster to just blow em up and tarp em away
  6. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I do sometimes. I had to get a little hand held do to getting my backpak stolen. Its a polan pro with the vacume. It is pretty neat. I hve a house with rock flower beds. I use the vacume in those. It did get old fast. The bag got heavy and my shoulder hurt from the strap. You cant switch because of where the muffler comes out at. Good fr use once on awhile but thats it.
  7. lawnboy349

lawnboy349 LawnSite Member

Thank you guys for the advise! I've decided to take your guy's advice and not get a vacuum blower.
  8. Isenberg94

Isenberg94 LawnSite Member

Everyone talks about blowing leaves on a tarp. Then what do you do with them? I'm imagining picking the tarp up and funneling the leaves into bags or dragging them into the woods. I've never used a tarp before, so pardon me if that question sounds dumb.:confused: