Question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawn guy1350, Feb 21, 2007.

1. lawn guy1350

lawn guy1350 LawnSite Member

this question is for people with Toro commercial ztr's. Have you ever had a problem with the deck sticking? mine is flat out stuck right now, i grease it once or twice a month, and all the sudden its stuck, ive been kickin at the height selector and its not budging, so i greased the hell out of it and sprayed it down with WD 40, its startin to move now after all that, but is extremely hard to move still. any advice?

2. cutbetterthanyou

cutbetterthanyou LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't have a toro but my 72 inch exmarks get kind of stuck, not really like what you are saying though. I can just step on the deck and it will go down. My problem was the spring was to tight. If toros are like exmark with a spring assist you may want to loosen that up a little.

3. lawn guy1350

well i can stand on it and it doesnt move, no mine doesnt have the spring assistis it just has the lever. and toro and exmark are the same mower. thanks!

4. lawn guy1350

i know more people run toro...come on! :)

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

How in the world is this POSSIBLY happening? Are all ALL the pivotpoints getting greased, mainly the ones on the rotating pivot camber? I just can't understand, that with the weight of that deck, that it would stick up....

6. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Check all the connection points and look for rust if you see a little you will need to take it apart and clean the rust off. If you have mowed wet grass or its been in rain or during washing sometime rust will build up and cause some sticking problems you can solve this by keeping everything greased not just the grease zerks but the whole assembly.

7. lawn guy1350

ive checked everything in the system, it all looks fine. i looked at the key to make sure i wasnt missing any, and i have greased all inserts. and soaked the hell out of it with WD 40. i was thinkin the same thing when i went to drop the deck! i was like how the hell?

8. lawn guy1350

Well i may have to do that. it didnt look like there was any rust, but i could be wrong. as of right now its moving up and down, but its a workout to get it back up..

9. lawn guy1350

well yo update i put more WD 40 on it and let it sit for a day. its now finally moving up and down pretty good. so thanks for the advice.