question

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by earls lawns 1, May 28, 2008.

1. earls lawns 1

earls lawns 1 LawnSite Member

My question is how do i get ahead in a market that has 50 other guys doing the same thing i am is their certain thing i can do to stand out i seem to be falling into the crowd i have insurance-advertising-nice equipment i feal like their takeing all the work.My parents own a tree service which is big in the area and i am around people all the time. If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated:confused:

2. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Do you approach your parents Tree Service customers and chat them up? I would think those customers would be interested in having a service that can keep thier entire yard pristine. Make suggestions about further improvements. " If you like how the trees look, let me show you what I can do for the rest of the yard!" :usflag::usflag::usflag:

ericg likes this.
  3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

That is too easy, you just don't do what everyone else is doing.

Worry about yourself instead, stop paying them any mind and just do your thing.

4. earls lawns 1

earls lawns 1 LawnSite Member

that advice really helps I guess I worry about everyone else raither than do my thing.I really like the idea of the whole yard service thank you:)

5. k911lowe

k911lowe LawnSite Senior Member

go for it.theres plenty of work out there for everyone that wants it.