question?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawncare3, Jan 22, 2003.

1. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I am moving to colorado in the next month and all of the lawns are small. Should I buy a used 36" belt drive? or just keep using my 21" till I can afford a 36" supersurfer, velke mower, or a wright stander? What are ur opinions to those of you that have used both (supersurfer/stander) thankyou for all input.

2. viper88

viper88 LawnSite Member

Cannot comment on any but the SuperSurfer. Ours is a 52" and it cuts great. We have found that it is faster than the Bobcat ZTR that we have (also 52").
    Takes a little bit of getting used to standing on the unit after sitting on a ZTR mid-mount.

3. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

sorry, I have not used the equipment that you asked for comments on, HOWEVER, I would suggest that where "all of the lawns are small", you don't need any kind of rider or velke.

and yes, ditch that 21" pusher for a 36" belt unit and don't look back!

GEO

4. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

How about a 36" exmark metro hp? They are the floating deck model and they're belt drive, that will cut some cost for you. About $3000 new.

5. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

What is your opinions on LESCO mowers?

6. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

I am glad that you asked.

I have run a lesco48, belt powered by probably the best commercial motor ever, the 14 KAW, for years and I think highly of it.

there are better mowers.

there are bigger mowers.

there are mowers that cost more and less.

but dollar for dollar, IMHO, there is no way to beat LESCO.

checkitOUT!

GEO

7. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

That's the GOOD Lesco though.

I don't have as much confidence in the floating deck models.

I think you still use large enough equipment to get the job done fast so you can spend time on the details.