1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

    Dismiss Notice


Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by scrjunky6, Jul 23, 2004.

  1. scrjunky6

    scrjunky6 LawnSite Member
    Posts: 17

    Im new to lawn mowers and i am doing a lot of research but there is so much information that i sometimes get confused...like for one of my questions when talking about a type of hydro gear..what does izt stand for
  2. copter

    copter LawnSite Member
    from Md
    Posts: 18

  3. Randy J

    Randy J LawnSite Bronze Member
    Posts: 1,124

    My limited understanding is, hydro gear uses hydraulic fluid/pressure to turn the wheels. Usually on commerical units, not very often found (to my knowledge) on "homeowner" units.
  4. copter

    copter LawnSite Member
    from Md
    Posts: 18

    Most of the smaller homeowner ZTR mowers use the Hydro Gear EZT and the larger units use the IZT.
    I Know the Snapper 18/44 uses the seperate hyd pump and motor which is normally only found on Commercial units.

Share This Page