Questions about 2005 Super Z possible upgrades

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by fatdog47, Feb 2, 2006.

1. fatdog47

fatdog47 LawnSite Member

Would like to know if anyone has tried the AT101's on their Super Z's? Was curious to know if the ride is any rougher and do they tear up the turf worse than the standard Carlisle's? Also, can you modify the 72-inch deck to accept the new rubber chute? What is the cost of the rubber chute? THANXZZZ!!! :confused:

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The AT 101's will go right on and not have any problems with clearance.
    In my experience they do ride a lot softer and I did not have any problems tearing up turf.
    The new molded rubber chute you see on the XR-7 will not work on the older models, we are working on a kit so you can buy the rubber chute for our past models.
    Check with your dealer in the spring for availability.

Pj

3. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

I put AT101's on my 60" SZ a few mths ago due to mowing some steep properties.

The 101's went straight on without any mods to deck levels etc. No worries there!

Tearing turf is an issue for my turf types. Care must be taken on zero turns or tearing will happen. K turns are the safest but kind of defeats the purpose of having a zero turn. I found that thinly grassed areas like under trees etc it is very difficult not to do damage, even being cafeful.

The ride is next to no different except for when driving on smooth flat surfaces like roads or driveways when you can feel a slight vibration. Not a concern!

I would not recommend these tires unless you do 80% plus slope mowing. The damage they cause for the benefeits dont stack up. They do grip more going straight down a hill, but go to turn on that hill, may as well be on turf savers!
    I am seriously concidering going back to Turf Saver tires!

Heres a pic... Notice the tires are on backwards! This works best for going straight up and down slopes but are very harsh on zero turns. I turned them around and found a little less tearing but also a little less grip going down hill.

Hope that little lot helps. If I can tell you more, PM me!

AT 101 tires 002.JPG