questions about bidding larger residential jobs

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by minnesota mower, Jul 18, 2005.

1. minnesota mower

minnesota mower LawnSite Member

thanks for the replay. really helpful. I have a friend that is wanting to buy into the business from start up. I don't really want to do that because of all the reasons you mentioned, the only advantage is that this person could bring a good amount of money to buy into the business. One more problem is that although this person has more money than me, I hold all the knowledge and experience with mowing and the industry. I have a 2 year degree in golf course management, and a degree in Marketing and Business management, I hold all the knowledge and experience, he has money to invest. Thanks again for the replay back. I Like the enzo quote.

2. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Remember that freindships end where business starts. You have to do what is in the best interest of the business. Are you going to incoporate?

3. Mancinioldhorse

Mancinioldhorse LawnSite Member

Friendships are friendships, business is business, keep em separate or you may lose both.

If you can both co-exist as friends and business co-owners...You would really have to point out, probably legally, that your expertise, skill, and knowledge level is indeed worth every bit as much as the money he may invest in the business (to a point). You may have to agree...legally...how much your knowledge, skill, and expertise is worth monitarily as well as the existing value of the business before he were to join you.

4. Kholder

Kholder LawnSite Member

Two guys can average two properties per hour if scheduled correctly (allowing for drive time). Take that and times it by the hours you work and how many days a week you average working and that should give you your answer.

5. minnesota mower

minnesota mower LawnSite Member

good advice from all. I have set the company up under my name as a limited liability corp. I have set it up so if he becomes serious i will plan on offering him the option to buy in, which of course i would add extra for my time/effort/experience.